Hemorrhoid Remedies – Folk Style
Folk remedies passed down from generation to generation may sound interesting but may not necessarily work. The following hemorrhoid remedies have been collected for you to try though they may not prove effective in the long run. Keep in mind that it is advisable you ask your doctor before trying any option.
Folk hemorrhoids remedies may sound interesting but may not be safe for use. If you are already taking a medication to treat your hemorrhoids, do not discontinue till you have discussed the alternate hemorrhoids remedies with your doctor.
1. Pushing them back into place. This is a simple way to decrease the pain associated with hemorrhoids. This type of hemorrhoids remedies unlike other new ones, involves pushing back the hemorrhoids back into the anal canal. This is because the nerve endings inside the anus are led sensitive to pain than the ones on the surface of the anus.
2. Elevating your legs while defecating. Keeping your legs on a wooden stool in the toilet improves the posture and decreases the pressure on the rectal and anal canals. To further ease bowel movement, put your elbows on your knees.
3.Apple cider vinegar. Taking a bath with a few drops of apple cider vinegar may help relieve the symptoms. Alternately you can dab a pad with a few drops of apple cider vinegar on it to get some relief.
4. Witch Hazel. This is a tried and tested method that provides hemorrhoids relief. You can apply witch hazel on the affected area 2-3 times a day and to get the adequate relief from the hemorrhoids symptoms.
5. Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties. Applying it regularly on your hemorrhoids might prove to be one of the effective hemorrhoids remedies.
6. Olive oil. This acts in two ways; it provides adequate lubrication to the affected area and serves a protecting agent on your hemorrhoids.
7. Castor oil. Like olive oil castor oil also adds lubrication to the affected area and prevents it from getting aggravated further.
8. Bacon grease. Though unconventional, bacon grease is also a type of hemorrhoids remedies that can be used as a protecting agent for your hemorrhoids.
9. Raw potatoes. Grating a potato and applying on your hemorrhoids can also provide you with some relief.
10. Prepared Avocado Solution. This preparation is made by grating an avocado seed and mixing this solution with organic honey. This mixture can be applied to the affected area to get some relief.
11. Corn starch, baby powder, or talc. This serves to keep the hemorrhoids dry and even though it is not one of the hemorrhoids remedies that can heal the affected area, it keeps it dry and prevents further aggravation.
12. Beet root juice. A classic hemorrhoids remedy, beet root juice acts as a cooling agent for the affected area and cleanses and relaxes the stressed muscles.
13. Essential Oils. A mixture of cypress oil with geranium oil. It can be applied as a lubricant on the affected area.
14. Hot shower. Hot water relaxes the body and provides the much needed relief to itching hemorrhoids.
15. Exercise and diet. Prevention is always better than cure. If you maintain healthy diet and regular exercise it drastically decreases your chances of developing hemorrhoids. Consuming whole grain products and fresh fruits and vegetable regulates your bowel movements. Also, exercising on a daily basis and avoiding sitting in a single posture eliminates the discomfort associated with hemorrhoids.
16. Mentholated rub. Mentholated creams containing 1% or less menthol severs as cooling agent for hemorrhoids.
17. Mouthwash. This is one of the most popular hemorrhoids remedies and can provide much relief when used continuously. Be careful when you use it for the first time as it may sting in the affected area in the beginning.
18. Coffee enemas. Caffeine present in coffee may help shrink hemorrhoids. Not known to many people, this is becoming one of the popular hemorrhoids remedies these days.
19. Cayenne pepper. Pepper acts as a natural disinfectant. Mix a pinch of cayenne pepper with water and apply to the affected area to get hemorrhoids relief.
visit the admin profile -.